fredag 10 januari 2014

Introduction.

     My name is Mattis and I'm a big fan of aviation and technology. It all started when I was a little kid, me and my famliy travelled pretty often to sunny resorts around Europe. That meant I flew a lot already in the low ages, something that has probably affected me. I loved the fact of family holidays, unlike the other kids, that I got to fly again. Still today, when I smell the scent of Jet A1(jet fuel), it brings me back to old times, a very nice feeling.
    When I reached approximately 15 years of age, I started getting more interested in the propulsion of the aircrafts, and especially jet engines. When I was younger the engine itself, hanging under the wing like a sort of magic box, seamed like science fiction to me, but when I actually decided to learn more about it, I found that it was an extraordinary piece of technology. Then I began to watch hundreds of Youtube videos all about this invention. I geuss it was then I, probably by accident, clicked on a video about a homemade jet engine and got a lot of inspiration. Most of it, of course, were just rubbish but so fascinating to a boy. And there, a spark was born, that were gonna provide me with a lot of fun and educating time. 
    This blog is going to be a summary of my time building a jet engine at home, using nothing but things accesable in any junkyard or supermarket. I will try, whenever I can, to upload new stuff. I'm currently studying to become an Aeronautical engineer and school has, of course, got to  be the first priority.
Here is a Youtube video of the test runs of the first jet engine prototype that I made.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Good damn that was an elaborate text. seriously, it gave me a headache :P

    SvaraRadera
  2. I´m really excited about your project! I did an exam work on jet engines back in school about axial jet engines, but sadly i never got to complete my engine because of the lack of time due to limited access to required machines. I was forced to realize that the design i chose (a school engine called "Treco 301" I think) was slightly out of proportion to the resources available to me at the time. I never got to finnish more than the main shaft and som houses for the bearings:( Anyway, this project of yours really gets me motivated! Keep up the good work and keep this blog alive! I will follow it post by post!

    SvaraRadera